There are as many staircase options as there are people on the planet. Traditional, classic with a modern twist, sleek lines, curved and spiral staircases with dual colours, timber, glass or metal components. With so many interchangeable elements, the choice is endless as is the end product.
When talking to carpenters, architects and builders, some of the lingo can really help in bringing clarity into our ideas – we have attached a glossary of terms here.
At McNally Joinery, your design and ideas are what drive us to make unique and wonderful staircases. Even the simplest staircase can create a great entrance and welcome. Here are some of our favourites…
1. Cantilevered Steel with walnut tread cases, glass balustrade and circular walnut handrail
2. Stand alone sweeping staircase with dual colour, bullnosed first step and hand carved scrolls
3. Oak double cut string staircase
4. Concrete Clad staircase with Ash treads stained, metal spindles and continuous handrail with hand carved scroll
5. Dual colour, cut string mahogany staircase with painted spindles, brackets and stair wall panelling.
6. Dual colour, cut string staircase with oak treads, oversized newel and unique tread detail where the spindles meet the steps
7. Stained Oak staircase with tiled riser detail
8. Staircase clad/revamp with new string capping, newels, spindles and handrail
9. Modern style, closed string, walnut staircase with open riser detail. Square handrail transitions into newel posts which encase the glass balustrade
10. Staircase with cut string to outside, continuous handrail and square spindles with chamfer detail
11. Traditional straight flight Iroko staircase with hand carved scroll and bullnosed first step
As unique as you are, so is your staircase because at McNally Joinery, we work with your ideas to create the staircase you want. Come visit us at our showroom in Lusk, Co. Dublin to discuss your vision.