Privacy Statement – 25th May 2018
This document is being provided to you in line with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which came into force on 25 May 2018. We at McNally Joinery are determined to deliver a great service to all our customers. To enable this, we need to collect a range of personal data meaning any information which allows us to identify you. It is important that you know why we need this data and how we process and store this information. All reasonable precautions are taken to prevent unauthorised access to this information.
What personal information we collect
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Bank account details (stored in our online banking system)
- Architects drawings/photographs of your house and joinery requirements
- Information about you provided by others e.g. a spouse
- Date of birth, family and next of kin – for employees only
We collect this information about you, when you
- Request a quotation via our website or telephone
- Complete online forms, take part in surveys, enter any competitions or prize draws
- Interact with us using social media
- Contact us offline by methods including telephone, SMS, email, post, business card transfer and face-to-face correspondence
- Send us feedback via email, website or social media channels
- Become an employee
How we use your information
- To perform obligations under a contract with you or a business you may work for. For example, when you proceed with an order for our products/services
- To provide you with information you have requested including provision of quotations
- To carry out sales and marketing activities
- To comply with a legal obligation
Who we share your information with
- Suppliers, including glass, hardware, timber etc. in order to fulfil a contract
- Our legal advisors in the event of a dispute or other legal matter
- Law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties to meet our legal obligations.
- Any other party where we ask you and you consent to the sharing.
Data Retention Policy
We retain your personal data while you remain a customer or an employee, unless you ask us to delete it. Our retention policy is to maintain data for 10 years (for warranty purposes) where an order has been placed and fulfilled and two years where a quotation has been requested but order has not been placed. We will delete or anonymise your information at your request unless:
1) There is an unresolved issue, such as claim or dispute
2) We are legally required to
3) There are overriding legitimate business interests, including but not limited to fraud prevention and protecting customers’ safety and security.
We will not release your personal data to any third party for any sales or marketing purpose. In the event of any breach we will notify you immediately.
Updates to our Privacy Notice